Andria Challenge: Season 1 Over

Friday, December 12, 2008

The first season is over and things didn't go too well, nor too bad - with the media predicting the 16th place, Andria Bat managed to finish the season mid-table, at number 10.

We had a pretty nice season, it started incredibly well, but following some struggles with the tactics where nothing seemed to work, we went and recorder 9 losses in a row - I was fearing for the worse. Hopefully, after lots of tweaks and, to be honest, up to a point, random tactical decisions, I found a tactic that works partially at least and we started to go up again.
Andria's best player was Luigi Di Simone, as I had anticipated during my first look over the team, with Miguel Rebosio (a Peruan international defender I snapped out for free) proving to be a great signing. I was really disappointed by Salvatore Rizzi - he got the lowest rating, but has some really great stats. I'll try to push him up front next season, his main possition is Striker, not attacking midfielder.
I'm eagerly anticipating for my second season with Andria Bat to kick off, since I have made a few good transfers (or at least so I hope) with the highlights being this Slovenian Striker, Bostjan Rozman, who looks simply amazing for an 18 years-old playing in the fourth division :)
Bostjan RozmanAlso, the french Yann Schneider appears to be a good player (my assistant manager says he's the best player in the squad), but I'm afraid he might be an idiot and distrupt the harmony in the dressing room, since instantly after arrival he stated that I should rebuild the team around him. Hopefully he was not a bad call.
Yann SchneiderWe'll see what happens in the second season of my Ultimate Football Manager 2009 challenge: my plans are to promote, but the media will probably have another opinion. Will I be able to find a good tactic and produce a surprise? Stay tuned with Everything Football Manager to find out!

0 comments: