Ultimate FM 2009 Challenge: Andria First Season

Saturday, December 6, 2008

I announced my Andria ultimate Football Manager 2009 challenge and, naturally, I kept playing. Although my team was dubbed for relegation (media predicted I will finish 16th), I still hoped deep inside for a great season and a promotion challenge, especially after two great signings.

But two players don't make a team and, even more, I still can't find a tactic to be satisfied with - no matter what I do, my forwards get very low ratings and barely score any goals. I even tried the good 532 tactic for FM 2009 I created during my Steaua Challenge, but it did not work.

However, I managed to get out of the Italian Serie C Cup group stages and the first round but I lost in the second round. However, my board was excited and the 3,000 EUR we won will be highly valued.
In the league, however, things are not looking very good. Most likely next season will see my Andria Bat team in the Serie C2/C once again, since the team is placed at number 11 after 26 games and the promotion candidates are 15 points ahead. And following a poor run of form from my team and some annoying tactical struggling where nothing seems to work, I doubt I'll have more luck by the end of the season and all I can hope for is a mid-table safe position.
However, during the season break a few quality player will join on a free transfer and hopefully next season I'll be able to promote with Adria, as planned. I only need to find that great tactic now :)

0 comments: