Andria Challenge: Transfers for Serie B

Friday, February 27, 2009

As promised, I am showing you today the players I have signed to help us avoid relegation from the Serie B this season. I wasn't able to spend too much - actually I wasn't able to spend anything, since Andria is completely broke, but I did manage to snap up a few player - great ones, given the circumstances.

Players IN
I am most excited by this Uruguayan central midfielder Manuel Sanchez, who will probably take the place of my best player three seasons ago, the great Yann Schneider. But since his skills are lower, he might have to become a substitute. Hopefully he will do well, he has great passing skills and creativity and even though his mental skills are not good, he's one of the best players in the squad now.Second, I am impressed and have high hopes in Younes Gimenez, another regen, this time French, specially build as a central defender. His only problem is Marking (just 8), and I do employ a man marking system, but I hope that his other incredible skills will compensate for that. Anyway, he's the best defender in the squad!
I needed badly a right defender, since Antonio Carnevali can't rise up to the challenge anymore, so I signed Dutch winger Nigel Van Dijk, who will probably become a first team instead of the older (and skill-less) Algerian DR, Karim Azizou.
Finally, since I was disappointed by my wingers this season - especially the left wingers Sorin Ciobanu, Mario Rebecchi and Ousmane Sy - none of which played well, I had to sign new players there. For the left side I signed Vittorio Triarico with great teamwork and work rate, but still not looking like the player I need. However, I do hope he will do a better job than the others...
And finally, the last transfer in is Andrea Verdenelli, basically planned to take Sorin Ciobanu's place as the back-up right midfielder. He's again a good team player and crosser, but he's slow and has pretty poor mental attributes. He should do well as a backup, though.

Players Out
I plan to let go quite a few of my players, who are not ready for Serie B. The awful strikers Eugen Nita and Sami will be simply thrown away since they were absolutely rubbish, Mario Rebbecchi and probably Stanescu will also leave. Also, I would like to get a new goalkeeper, a better one than the Romanian one Gabriel Ignat, and if I do, then I will have to sell Sebastien Scherer, Luxembourg's national keeper. Lets hope for the best!

0 comments: