The Football Manager 2008 Challenge

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Well, since waiting for Football Manager 2009 to get released and doing nothing during the wait is not my type of thing, I have decided to start a quick Football Manager 2008 challenge and end it until the next FM gets released :). I'm talking about a really important and difficult challenge, as you will see below in the details (I just hope I have enough time to actually play the whole thing).

So, here's my Football Manager 2008 Challenge: I start by managing Burton Albion FC (aka The Brewers), a semi-pro Blue Square Premier team and I have exactly seven seasons to get Burton qualified in an European Competition (via league placement). Really tough quest, even though the team is pretty highly valued.

According to the media, Burton is slated to finish #7 in the Blue Square Premier. The team, as I said, is highly valued, with only 4!!! full time players in the squad: 1.1 million US dollars (sorry for those used with pounds, you've got to get used with my $ here).

After promising the board promotion, I received a hefty $22k transfer budget and exactly $20k per week per wages. Which is not at all bad. The only problem is that I need to sign basically a full team since the one I have is below par - but I won't do that due to lack of money and players willing to join. Well, at least they do have a pretty good defence. However, I will take up for this challenge and keep you update. Wish me luck and please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

0 comments: