Football Manager Challenge: Season 1 Over

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's been a lightning fast season for me and my bunch of Burton heroes and, the most important thing of them all is that we've managed to win promotion! It was a very hard job, especially on the defensive end but I am now happy, the first step has just been made :D Now at Burton we're tougher, we're more mature and, yes, fully pro! Good bye, Blue Square Premier!


As you can see in the screenshot above, we were just one point behind the leaders, Rushden. Actually, except for Oxford, all the teams were one point behind the leader. It was a really, really mad season, let me tell you that!

However, in the playoff final my side triumphed against the more powerful Oxford side thanks to a wonderful Clare who scored a hattrick - his first of the season, and what a time he chose to do it! Also, the wonderful defender Tony James has to be mentioned in this post, since he did a great job back there throughout the entire season (and scored a handful of goals since he was my penalty guy).


So... we're off for some greater glory - hopefully we'll be able to promote again if we manage to sign some quality players... and we just might since, at the beginning of the game I randomly chose three more nations to load players from and one of them is Romania - there are lots of cheap players (2-5 thousand dollars) who can handle the Coca Cola League 2. Let's hope I'll be able to find the best.

0 comments: