Steaua Challenge Overview

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Even though very early in the season, I am very proud with how my FM 09 Steaua Challenge has started: in six league games my team was never defeated and only one draw was snatched from us, which gives Steaua the top spot in the league! Here is the standing so early in the season.
Even though pretty unbalanced this Romanian League with teams generally having much weaker players than my own team, there are a few high fliers: CFR Cluj, last season's winner has a very good team and lots of money, while challenges can be made by other teams like Rapid, Dinamo Bucharest, Unirea Urziceni and FC Vaslui, as you can see.

However, as I said, I am really pleased with how things are going so far: I have defeated CFR Cluj and Unirea Urziceni in away matches, which is really good. Also, my team's defence seems really well placed, with just 2 goals scored against Steaua in the first six matches! However, the biggest feat was qualifying with Steaua in the Champions League group stage after defeating a stronger Galatasaray Istambul team. (1-1 draw at home and an incredible 2-1 win away). So far I am very pleased with my tactic (changed a 4-4-1-1 I used during pre-season because, well... it sucked :D) even though my forwards Stancu and Dayro Moreno still grab very low ratings. They will need more than that in the incredibly hard Champions League group stage:

0 comments: