Andria Challenge: Transfers for a New Season

Friday, January 30, 2009

Continuing my Andria Challenge, I had to make a couple of changes to my squad. I clearly need a bunch of stronger players, but unfortunately finances for my C1/B team are not the strong point and there are few things I can do.

However, just as always, I'm keeping my eyes on the transfer market and this year, just like it happened in my previous season, I managed to grab a couple of players I'm really proud of.

First, I got myself a solid new striker, Marco Di Matteo, a 23 years old football player that should become a leading star in my Football Manager 2009 underdog team. Hopefully he will score a lot of goals this season and help me remain in the C1/B division.
The second player who comes to strengthen my defense this time is Vincent Beduer, an incredible leftback coming from France. He only agreed for a one-year contract with a Non-promotion clause, which means Andria will only have him for a season (unless we get promoted again, which I really doubt) but still he is a really good find and potentially a solid player.
I also had to offload some of the dead weight - player who were just eating up from the already low salary cap or ones who simply were not good enough for the C1/B division. I'm still searching for players to strengthen my midfield but I do believe that I have a pretty solid team right now and we'll stay in the new division. I'll keep you updated!

0 comments: