Andria Challenge: Season 5, Middle Season Update

Sunday, March 29, 2009

As I have promised, I'm updating you again on my ultimate Football Manager 2009 challenge with Andria Bat, the team I managed to bring from the Serie C2/B to the Serie B in the Italian football competition in four seasons (which, to be honest, I consider quite a performance).

Unfortunately, following a great form shown by my players during the previous season, due to new signings (probably) and less overal value, we were not too competitive in our first season in the Serie B. However, we still did much better than anybody anticipated (like the memorable victory against Frosinone, the biggest thus far) and we are now in a somewhat safe position at 17th, but just 5 points away from relegation.As you can see in the table above, we have only managed to win 6 games and lost 9 (out of 20), and only scored 16 goals - which is less than 1 goal per match - and if we think that 6 of the goals were scored in just one game... well... things are not looking THAT great. However, even though I had hoped for a pleasant surprise for the entire world, not relegating can also be considered a good result :)
My best player during this first half, just as suggested by a previous post, was Jacinto Navarro, the Spanish midfielder playing absolutely great football. So did Bostjan Rozman, who took on the helm as the best Andria striker and finally proved his value: scored 10, which is impressive. Except for that, everything works as planned. Hopefully the end of the season will see us still in the Serie B. Wish me luck! Heh.

0 comments: