Macclesfield Challenge: First Transfers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

After checking out the Macclesfield Town squad I decided to sell most of them due to poor quality and sign as many better players as possible - probably something any manager would do. I thought I stroke lucky when Notts Co, a team in the same division as The Silkmen, offered me an amazing deal of 100,000 Euros plus almost 250,000 more in two years for Paul Morgan, one player I wasn't even sure I was going to keep! An amazing deal and it was simple luck or a bug in the system because after selling this player, I didn't manage to sell any other.

So with a transfer budget of ZERO and just a couple thousand Euros to spare per week for new signings, I can say that I find myself in a bit of trouble. However, I did manage to sign a few good players (at least good for the level I'm playing at and the level of my team) and I'm listing them below:



As you can see, all of them were Free Signings and a few are real gems. Here are the player profile pictures of the best new Macclesfield Town players in my Football Manager 2010 challenge:

1. Fabio Ferreira - Attacking midfielder Right/Left



For some reason, Ferreira became the most valued player in my squad, even though I can't say I'm completely blown away by his skills. The scout highly recommended him to me and I signed him especially because he can play on two different positions, a must for low league clubs. Except for that, he's fast and... that's about it!

2. Ivan Balasko - Midfielder/Attacking midfielder Centre


I really liked this Hungarian attacking midfielder who became the best midfielder in my squad. His physical stats are not great, but I hope that while he plays, he does a great job for the team.

3. Ibrahima Thiam - Striker, Centre


Now this is a real gem, I am really happy he accepted to sign with Macclesfield. This Senegalese striker (with 12 caps at the national team) is really tall, making him a great Target Man and a real danger from corners. He is also a decent shooter and I certainly hope he'll become a legend for my little club.


4. Cosmin Marginean - Defensive Midfielder, Centre


A ripe Romanian midfielder, Marginean will hopefully become the ball winning midfielder I need and he will stop most of the attacks from the opposition. He won't count too much on the offensive end, but if he does a great job in defense, I sure hope for a great season!

So, with 10 new players in and six out (with several more on the transfer list), it's clearly going to be "revolurion" at Macclesfield during my Football Manager 2010 challenge. I am expecting a really difficult season - after checking out a few other squads in the divisions I noticed that my players are amongst the poorest, but I do hope that I will manage to add some extra reputation to my club and hopefully some money, too so that next year I'll make a few really big signings... but until then, we have a really difficult season ahead. Wish me luck!

0 comments: