One More Transfer from the Bargain Hunter

Monday, December 28, 2009

I announced that the last transfer for my first season with Macclesfield was that of Mamadou Seck, but it seems that I was a bit wrong since I managed to find another really hot prospect: Chilean striker Willy Topp, a real top player in my opinion, one that could certainly play at a higher level:




The striker has asked for a pretty high salary, though and that will be a bit of a pain in the arse now since I'm over the budget, but if he manages to do his job as I hope he will, maybe we'll turn things around - as well as the way the team is performing, which is just mediocre.

Funnily enough, after the signing of Topp for Macclesfield, there was the press update about the transfers and it was said that I went bargain hunting - which is completely true since all the signings were free transfers. You can't do much with a transfer budget of 0 now, can you?

What about you? Are you a bargain hunter as well when managing low profile teams?

0 comments: