Macclesfield Story: Season 1 Almost Over!

Sunday, January 3, 2010



The image you see above represents an unbelievable screenshot of the Coca Cola League 2 standings just 3 games before the final whistle of the first season in my Macclesfield story - The Silkmen were so close of getting promotion that I was able to hear my heart beating loudly and I simply lived intensely every match that followed.

The final attack for promotion started with a blast: a 6-2 win against Burton (funnily enough, one of my past stories that I got promoted and that managed to get promotion in the real life too!). That was a really, really strange game in which Macclesfield had scored 3 goals after just 27 minutes. The score then wend 3-1 and 3-2 in the minutes 29 and 47 and I was afraid for a huge disappointment when Thiam scored once more before getting substituted and allowing my other two strikers to score one goal each:


Following that great win, we've had a really difficult game against Chesterfield (at that time at number three, one spot behind) and with a bit of luck (one penalty for The Silkmen and a red card late in the game for Chesterfield), we managed to win a really intense match.


There were just three games left and all the spots were still open as the fight was really close. Unfortunately for Macclesfield, a disaster happened: Torquay (number 10 at that time) managed to beat us 4-2 following a really ugly game and next we didn't manage to win against Darlington (placed 20).


It was all up for the last game with Lincoln (or some lucky results from the other games). I can't say how intense the game was and how hard it was to get that 1-0 win against them (I ended the game defending madly and probably having a pulse of 300 :) But... Macclesfield WON the match and we're now a League 1 team! UNBELIEVABLE!


I just wanted to share with you all this great success even though the season is not officially over (although it is for The Silkmen) and I want you all to know that I am really happy of what I have managed to achieve. When I started managing Macclesfield I always considered that this year I'll build up the team and prepare for a better division next year. I am happy that things were different and I am sure as hell excited to see if we stand any chance in the Coca Cola League 1 in 2011!


Stay tuned for the final season updates (with fun stuff from across the leagues) and also check back soon as I am preparing to share with you the tactic that brought Macclesfield so high in the charts, as well as some cheap and great players for the League 2 levels!

1 comments:

Deano Jones said...

Hello! Great interesting blog u have here! I've started reading it today and got up to this post :D Big thanks to Vitiliy (The True Football Manager) for pointing out and effectively 'advertising' your blog on his one! :) Anyway, good blog, suprised no1 has commented on it before! Looking forward to reading onwards and Congrats on a very unexpected promotion! Also, it would be cool if you took a look at my 'FM King' Blog! Thanks! :)