Macclesfield Story: Season 2010/2011 Odds and Expectations

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The second season in my Macclesfield story is ready to begin and you can imagine just how poor ratings the team gets in the League 1. After all, last season we were expected to fight bravely against relegation, and not to promote. But... the new season draws near - the 2010/2011 season with Macclesfield in League 1:



The Silkmen will therefore get ready to face opponents like Leeds, Doncaster, Crystal Palace and basically every other solid team in the League. By far, we are the weakest and everybody expects us to finish last:


So the Start of season expectations should've been "Battle bravely against relegation", but I wanted to get a little risky and selected the "Avoid relegation" expectation, mainly because the board offered me a few valuable extra Euros to spend on wages (and since I'm breaking transfer records, I'm ready to spend)!


Jokes aside, Macclesfield will most likely have a very difficult season ahead and I really worry that we won't be able to avoid relegation. The team simply is not ready for such a challenge, I will have to sign a ton of players and only keep several of the original squad... I predict some really rough times for Macclesfield in the League One this season...

But I also know that I'll be doing my best to avoid relegation - this way we'll certainly be able to attract some better players and in a couple of season we should aim for promotion. Especially if my dream FM 2010 tactic I'll tell you about soon will still work wonders. Wish me and The Silkmen good luck! We'll certainly need that!

2 comments:

Deano Jones said...

Hello, me again :) Wow! That's some challenge u have there! I mean 22k to spend...and just over that for player wages...geeze! Your whole squad's wages per week would only be enough to pay for 2 of my best players! Lol thats mad! I can't wait to see how you match up against my beloved Southampton though and see how u get on in the league...I mean u defied the odds last season...although this season his a different kettle of fish totally...I think u have a chance. Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see how you match up against my beloved Southampton though and see how u get on in the league...I mean u China hiphonedefied the odds last season...