Season 2009/2010 Stats/Facts

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello friends! As promised, I am going to show you a few fun facts and stats from all over the English world of football after the ending of the successful (for Macclesfield, at least) first season!

We will start with three things that are of a big concern for me. First of all, the Coca Cola League 2 Goal of the season award went to my striker Ibrahima Thiam. It rarely happened for my players to score such a great goal and it's a real achievement:



Next, as many of us would've guessed, I was considered the third best manager in the League 2, after Rotherham's Ronnie Moore and Crewe's Dario Gradi. Again an acomplishment I am really proud of!


And finally, here are the final season ratings of all my players (unfortunately the screenshot was taken after the loaned players departed so four of them are missing :D). As you can see, my great signing Mamadou Seck climbed up to the first spot with an average of 7.09 in 38 matches, followed by Ben Starosta, the season's surprise for me and Lee Bell, another player that was one of the starting players of Macclesfield.


Now, let's get to some general FUN STUFF!

First of all, as you can see in the screenshot below, one of my favorite teams - Newcastle United, managed to promote back to the Premier League, with just 8 games lost over the season. Also West Brom and Nottingham Forrest managed to gain promotion.


The Premier League was won by Chelsea in 2009/2010, after a really close battle against Arsenal and Manchester United, with Blackburn, Wolves and Wigan going down.


The player of the year award went to Chelsea's Frank Lampard, followed by new Arsenal signing Juan Angel Albin (a player I really like, too), and Eduardo, again an Arsenal player.


These were just some of the few facts of the first Football Manager 2010 season I've finished and I'll sure let you know about many other details in the future posts describing my Macclesfield story!

0 comments: