Macclesfield Story: Still Riding High!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello, friends and welcome to the first post on this blog in 2010! I wish you all a great year with tons of success both in the real life as well as in Football Manager!

The new year kicked off quite well in Football Manager 2010 with my Macclesfield story, even though at first my dreams of promotion were kind of blown away by a really poor form:



We continued the season with two boring draws against Northampton and Port Vale and two painful defeats (3-1) with Rotherham and Shrewsbury. Still, I wasn't really mad since The Silkmen were anyways supposed to finish at number 24, so any higher position was a success, right?


Fortunately, the players decided to turn things around once more and after the poor series of results, a great one followed: six games without defeat, with the series started with an amazing 4-0 home win against Accrington. The result, as you can see below, was great: Macclesfield climbed to an unbelievable #2 spot in the Coca Cola League 2 and now I really have high hopes of at least fighting bravely for promotion!


And that's not the only great news - there's also a great financial one two, somehow similar to the one at the beginning at the game when I sold Paul Morgan for over 100,000 Euros. This time, League 1 team Norwich made a great offer for winger Fabio Ferreira, as you can see in the image below. He had just started playing as a sub every now and then after I had retrained him to play as an AMC (since I no longer use wingers). However, he was not a great central midfielder and the deal that will hopefully go through at the end of the season is simply amazing: 75,000 Euros in hand and another 200,000 to be paid monthly for the next 24 months. At least I will have a steady flow of income that will hopefully keep the finances (which are on the red right now) a bit safer...


Until next time (I promise you a new update soon since I have quite some free time now), have fun and good luck in FM2010!

0 comments: